It’s hard to pinpoint the exact cause of it, but it seems that many Americans are turning towards a more natural approach to wellness these days. In fact, a recent survey found that more than 40% of Americans report embracing a more natural lifestyle when it comes to everything from growing their own food to choosing more natural and holistic wellness remedies.
It’s an exciting trend to see people getting “back to nature” and rediscovering the amazing benefits of so many of nature’s gifts! We’re breaking down a few of our wellness favorites and giving you a gameplan for when you need a little boost! Read on to learn more about some of our wellness faves!
How could we start anywhere other than the “King of Oils”?! Frankincense is one of our favorite oils for so many reasons, not the least of which is its incredible wellness benefits! This ancient oil has been used for centuries for a wide range of purposes. It has incredible anti-inflammatory properties which can be helpful in reducing the inflammatory effects that come with feeling a little under the weather. A recent lab study even shows that Frankincense may have strong immunostimulant properties meaning it may help give you a little boost when your immune system is being put to the test! Some believe that it also has some expectorant properties and may help promote the clearing of nasal congestion allowing you to breathe a little easier. It’s a perfect option to try the next time you’re feeling crummy!
How to Use It:
- Frankincense Pure Essential Oil: Aromatherapy is the way to go here! Try putting a few drops into your diffuser and inhaling the woodsy, natural, spicy scent of Frankincense oil.
Another powerful oil with amazing wellness benefits is Eucalyptus oil. In fact, you may have used this oil in the past without even knowing it as many vapor rubs, chest rubs, and other over the counter cold and cough products actually include it as an ingredient! The key component in Eucalyptus oil is a compound known as eucalyptol or cineole. This powerful compound has been found to have potent antimicrobial properties. This, combined with the anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties of Eucalyptus oil make it a must-have in your wellness toolkit!
How to Use It:
- Eucalyptus Pure Essential Oil: This is another fantastic option for aromatherapy! Diffuse it alone or consider adding a few drops of Frankincense to give it an extra boost! This is also a great option for creating your own Eucalyptus rub by adding a few drops to your favorite lotion.
- Eucalyptus Shower Bomb: Our Eucalyptus Shower Bombs are also an excellent option for creating a warm, steamy, sinus-opening environment where you can soak up the benefits and breathe a little easier!
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil Roll-On: Take the wellness benefits of Eucalyptus with you everywhere you go with this handy roll-on! Many of our customers love keeping this on hand to help with sinuses and even allergies!
Peppermint is our absolute favorite go-to when we feel a headache coming on! This has been a popular choice among many when dealing with headaches or migraines because it contains menthol. We all know and love the minty scent and cool feeling associated with menthol, but did you know that it can actually help to ease tension in the muscles and soothe pain? It’s also great at helping to stimulate circulation which can increase blood flow and help to relieve symptoms associated with headaches. Best of all, using it couldn’t be easier and it’s minty scent smells fantastic!
How to Use It:
- Peppermint Essential Oil Roll-On: This is our favorite way to use peppermint oil for headaches! It’s easy to glide a few drops across your forehead or on your temples and let it work its magic! Try massaging it in as well to help soothe the muscles in your head and help them relax!
We could go on for DAYS about our love for Thievery! This blend of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, rosemary, and lemon is the perfect combination to help you get well and stay well! We’ve already talked about the benefits of eucalyptus, but did you know that cinnamon oil also has a wide range of wellness-boosting properties including potential antifungal and antibacterial properties?!
While research is currently limited, many people swear by the amazing benefits of this unique blend of oils! Personally, we love the warm, uplifting scent that Thievery is known for. It’s perfect for daily use to step up your wellness game and to lift your spirits!
How to Use It: There are so many great ways to take advantage of the benefits of Thievery!
- Thievery Essential Oil Roll-On: This is definitely the most convenient way to take advantage of the benefits of Thievery! Carry this oil with you and apply a small amount on the temples or behind the ears to start reaping the benefits!
- Thievery Pure Essential Oil: As with many essential oils, this one is also great for diffusing! All it takes is a few drops to transform your space into a mini wellness retreat!
- Thievery Shower Bomb: The only thing that could make a nice, warm shower better is adding in a Thievery shower bomb to create your own personal aromatherapy spa!
Elderberry has absolutely been having its moment in recent years! With the trend towards natural wellness, many are discovering the potent (and delicious!) benefits of this amazing berry. It’s absolutely packed full of vitamins and antioxidants that can help to boost the immune system and promote wellness! It can be great for daily use to help your body keep unwanted germs at bay!
One of the most popular forms for taking elderberry is as a syrup. It’s easy to find many options in drug stores, but we recommend finding locally made batches that are minimally processed and don’t include a bunch of unrecognizable ingredients! We carry small batches of elderberry seasonally at our Monroe location so if you’re local, stop on by to check it out!
Last but not least, this list would not be complete if we didn’t mention one of our most recent favorites, Oregano oil! Yep, you read that right! This powerful oil has been on a nearly meteoric rise in popularity lately as many discover its incredible benefits. Packed with Vitamin K and antioxidants, many have been reaching for this oil as part of their wellness toolkit. Although studies are ongoing in order to verify the health benefits, based on anecdotal evidence, it seems there may be something to this oil!
We will forever remain impressed with the incredible wonders of nature and hope that you feel empowered to take a few steps forward on your natural wellness journey! As always, be sure to use any products only as suggested and be sure to consult a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or underlying health issues! Stay well, friends!