Here at Rinse, we are all about natural skin care. We believe that natural products are better for our skin, and we believe that they can be just as effective as conventional products. In many cases, we would argue they are actually more effective! In our never-ending search for natural skin care ingredients that are truly effective, there is one ingredient we have come to genuinely LOVE for its many skin-loving benefits. It’s a 100% natural ingredient that comes straight from the Earth. We love it so much that we put it into soaps, masks, and even a body polish… So, what is this remarkable ingredient we speak of? Dead Sea Mud, of course!
Despite its name, the Dead Sea is actually a lake located in the Middle East that borders Jordan on its east and Israel on its right. It has a rich and storied history dating back to ancient times. Many of us grew up learning of its low elevation (the lowest on Earth!) and its incredibly high salt content (saltier than the ocean!). We probably remember learning that those who take a swim in the Dead Sea actually float without even trying due to the high salinity. It always seemed like a magical place, but there is more magic to be found there in the mineral-rich mud! While not everyone has heard of the benefits of Dead Sea mud, you may be surprised to learn that the benefits are not a new discovery at all. In fact, it is said that this mud was a favorite beauty product of ancient leaders dating back to Cleopatra and the Queen of Sheba! If it was good enough for them, it is good enough for us!
What Makes Dead Sea Mud So Good For Skin?
We all know that the Dead Sea has an excessively high salt (sodium) content, but there are far more minerals that are dissolved in the Dead Sea. Dead Sea mud is some of the most mineral-rich mud on Earth, containing a total of 21 minerals! The list of minerals includes sodium, magnesium, calcium, bromine, iodine, zinc, bitumen, sulfur, and potassium. Many of these minerals have known therapeutic, detoxifying, relieving, and healing properties. The high concentration of these minerals found in this mud makes Dead Sea mud a potent ingredient in a variety of natural skin care products. Curious what some of these minerals are known for?
- Sodium: This mineral is known to have moisturizing properties which means it can be super helpful when it comes to locking in hydration. It's also an excellent ingredient for cleansing and exfoliating.
- Magnesium: This mineral is known to work as a calming agent and to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help with overall appearance of skin. Some have even reported it helping to reduce skin disorders such as acne and psoriasis!
- Calcium: This mineral is known to promote cell regeneration and skin growth. Also known for helping to retain moisture.
- Zinc: This mineral is known to help rejuvenate and heal skin. Many have reported that Zinc is helpful when it comes to acne, reducing signs of aging, and providing protection from the sun!
- Sulfur: Helpful for clearing pores and known for it’s healing and antibacterial properties
Another amazing fact about Dead Sea Mud is that it is universally beneficial. Unlike many products and ingredients, Dead Sea mud can safely be used on a wide range of skin types. When used topically, it is fantastic for dry skin, normal skin, and even oily skin! This is great news because most everyone falls into one of those buckets! So, that’s a long way of saying that Dead Sea mud is great for everyone!
Benefits of Dead Sea Mud
With all those amazing minerals present in Dead Sea mud, you probably have a good idea of what the skin-care benefits are from using this mud, but we'll break it down for you a little more! If you're wondering "What's the bottom line? What can Dead Sea Mud do for me?," here are a few of our favorite benefits:
- Purifying – It might be hard to think of mud as a purifying cleanser, but consider this a truth stranger than fiction! Dead Sea Mud works to clean and purify the skin, ridding it of unwanted dirt and grime. It helps to draw out unwanted toxins and other build up to remove it from the skin. Aside from having cleaner skin, an added benefit of this is that it can help to make pores look smaller, resulting in more smooth and refined-looking skin!
- Exfoliating – Considering that Dead Sea mud is made up of salt and minerals, it has a fine texture that makes it an excellent natural exfoliator. It has a gentle pulling action that helps to exfoliate the skin while the minerals in the mud invigorate the skin. Exfoliating the skin is a great way to get rid of those unwanted dead skin cells to reveal softer, more radiant skin below!
- Hydrating – Dead Sea Mud is a great option for helping to restore skin’s moisture levels. The hydrating effects of this mud are excellent for those dealing with skin issues such as dryness, patchiness, and cracking. Get the hydration boost you have been looking for from a natural source!
- Clearing – Using Dead Sea mud is a great option for clarifying your skin. The mineral-rich content of the mud has been known to help clear complexion for healthier skin. Many have reported that using Dead Sea Mud on the skin has helped with clearing a wide variety of tricky skin conditions including acne, eczema, and more!
- Soothing – Who doesn't need a little skin soothing? People travel from near and far to enjoy the soothing relief of the Dead Sea. Many report that the mud provides a soothing effect on their skin, as well as on tired joints and muscles!
The benefits of Dead Sea mud are nearly endless! The fact that people throughout the centuries have taken advantage of the magical mud speaks volumes about it's effectiveness. With so much goodness packed into a naturally occurring mud, it’s no wonder it has become such a popular skin care ingredient in many products today!
Many Ways To Take Advantage of Dead Sea Mud
Now that you know all the amazing benefits of Dead Sea mud, you may be wondering "How can I get my hands on this!?". No worries... We have you covered! Check out some of our favorite products featuring our favorite magical mud! There are many applications for how to use the mud... everything from soap (and soap sticks), to facial masks and salt scrubs! We import mud directly from the Dead Sea (in Israel) to put in our products. It is the same high quality stuff used in spa's! Let us bring the Dead Sea to you!
Dead Sea Mud Soap: This soap is an excellent way to get the benefits of Dead Sea mud in a soap form! The Dead Sea mud is blended with incredible spa-like scents of Bulgarian Lavender and Spearmint essential oils to create a luxurious soap experience! This versatile soap can be used as a facial soap or as an all over body soap. It’s excellent for removing makeup, and many have even reported benefits for various skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea. Many experience reduced redness and bright, fresh skin!
“What a great face soap! It's creamy and takes off all of my makeup including the mascara. I have combo oily skin and it leaves my face feeling clean and fresh without any drying. My complexion looks and feels better already after just a few uses. Smell is great and relaxing. This will be one of my new favorites from Rinse!” – Heather H.
“I have used just about every facial product made, including Proactiv, and this is THE best for oily skin. Feels tight without drying and clears up pimples in a day or two.” – Carla E.
Dead Sea Mud Soap Stick: All the benefits of Dead Sea Mud, but in a convenient twist-up tube! This is the perfect choice for anyone looking to enjoy the benefits of Dead Sea Mud Soap on-the-go! Throw it in your gym bag, travel bag, or even keep it in your home shower… no matter where you go, you can enjoy the amazing benefits of Dead Sea Mud soap!
“Love this soap. It leaves my skin so clean & it feels so smooth. It diminishes any redness & leaves my skin looking bright & clear.” – Danielle C.
“I’ve used a Dead Sea mud mask, but I liked the idea of a soap with it in. The first time I used the soap on my face, my pores appeared smaller. I’ve been using it once a day, and my skin looks and feels great.” – Karla G.
Dead Sea Mud Loofah Soap: Imagine Dead Sea Mud Soap, with loofah added in for extra exfoliation! This soap is quite literally our classic Dead Sea Mud Soap poured over a loofah for a well-rounded experience! The soap cleanses the skin while the loofah exfoliates. This is a great option for a hand and all over body soap, and even works great on the feet or as an exfoliating soap to use before shaving!
Dead Sea Mud Salt Polish: A salt scrub with the highest quality salt to be found! This body polish is made from salt (of course) blended with high-quality moisturizing oils and a refreshing Lavender and Spearmint essential oil blend. It is a rich body polish that leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized, but never greasy!
“This product is one of my favorites. It is a needed relief to my sometimes rough skin!” – Joel C.
“Love this product!” – Andrea C.
Dead Sea Mud Mask: One of our favorite ways to get the benefits of Dead Sea mud is using it as a mask! This mask is purifying, nourishing, clearing, and soothing!
Dead Sea Mud Facial Kit: The closest thing to going to the spa, without actually going to the spa! Our Dead Sea Mud Facial Kit includes our best-selling Dead Sea Mud Soap as well as our Dead Sea Mud Mask so you can treat your skin to a spa-like experience from the comfort of home!